Rescuers found dead civilians in the church in the Chernihiv region, where occupiers had the headquarters
Church of the Ascension is an architectural monument located in the village Lukashivka, Chernihiv region
The wooden church was built in 1781 and renovated in 1800. The existing brick church was consecrated in 1913. The church was built in the style of diocesan architecture common at that time. It was severely damaged during the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The occupying forces arranged a warehouse of ammunition and fuel in the temple. As a result of shelling and fire, the walls and roof were damaged, windows were broken.